Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Never Stop Dreaming, Darling.

Adulthood has been by no means been easy. There are a lot of growing pains involved, and many sacrifices to make.

The older I become, the more I value self-improvement, patience, organization, and long-term planning. Despite the challenges of everyday life, I feel a sense of peace knowing that I am taking some time each day to work on my short and long-term goals. 


As a kid, I dreamed big. In second grade, I wrote  a short story in class about how I wanted to work at Disneyland one day. I didn't know how I would do it, but I knew that I loved it so much. I held onto that dream for years, not knowing that this childhood passion would change my life. Many years later, I would go on to fulfill that dream and have one of the most incredible experiences of my life. This childhood aspiration taught me that no dream is ever too big, and that no effort is ever wasted.


Don't. Stop. Dreaming.

Just because you fulfill your dream doesn't mean that you should stop dreaming. I think the reason why I still get out of bed at 6am nearly every morning is because there are still other dreams to be fulfilled. They're not going to be by any means easy, but I am constantly reminding myself that some of the biggest rewards happen when I push myself outside of my comfort zone.

In the last year or so, I've learned that it's okay to feel anxious, nervous, scared, or insecure. It's natural to feel this way. The future can be scary! Life will be tough and throw some unexpected distractions and challenges your way. Don't fret. Be your own cheerleader and tell yourself that you achieve anything if you put your mind to it. Begin by setting up some goals and getting organized to ease anxiety and to avoid procrastination. Surround yourself with people that love you and can can shed some light on things when life get rough. Don't forget to reward yourself every once in a while when you do hit certain milestones in your goal progress. Lastly, don't forget to sleep. Not only is it important to take care of your mind, but also your body. Allow yourself ample time to rest and rejuvenate. 

What are some of your dreams? What motivates you get out of bed each morning? I'd love to know your thoughts. You can connect with me through Instagram or Twitter @Tran_gerine. 

Until next time,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment