Monday, August 14, 2017

Stream of Consciousness

Life.

"You'll figure it out," they say. 

"What does that even mean?" I asked myself. How come figuring out life comes easier for some, and harder for others? Is it luck? Is it fate? Is it privilege? Is it hard work? Is it a combination of all of the above? 

The older I become, the more these thoughts resonate in my mind. Needless to say, I think about life lot. Memories of the past creeps in from time to time, bringing in both happy and painful memories. The present is a work in progress, and is filled with lots of trial and error. Finally, the future is a hopeful reminder that there will be better days to come. 

Recently, I experienced an "ah-ha" moment in my life, and I'll never forget it. It was so subtle, yet so profound. It was on the first Saturday of this month, and I remember feeling extremely tired driving home from a work event. I realized a few things during this half hour long drive home at night. We live in a generation where we live fast, speeding through life trying to experience everything quickly and valuing nothing. We see things as expendable...temporary. We miss a lot of really great opportunities, because we're too busy running off to chase the next thing. We have advanced technology at our fingertips which allows us the ability to communicate and to build further connections, yet we are the generation that struggles the most with communication and building meaningful relationships. We say we want certain things in life, but lack the motivation and commitment to stick to plan.


I don't know about you, but I don't want to live life fast. I want to live life fully with meaning and purpose. I want to value every moment as if it would be the last. Some of my fondest memories are those that don't exist in photographs, but rather, as supercuts in my mind that play over and over from time to time. Everyday, I'm working on being more transparent with expressing my thoughts and emotions, and I'm loving it. Finally, I've learned to stick to a plan. Knowing all too well my long-term goals, I know that it will take a lot of patience, hard work, and commitment. Although, I haven't quite figured out everything in my life yet, I'm okay with that. Everything will work out in due time. 

I am ready. Are you?

What are some of your thoughts about today's world? How do you deal with some of these issues plaguing our current society? Let me know some of your thoughts. You can connect with me on Instagram and Twitter via @Tran_gerine. Talk to you all again soon!


-Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment