Sunday, July 9, 2017

Wonder Woman

Superheroes come in all different shapes, colors, and backgrounds. As the movie industry slowly starts to recognize the importance of strong female leads, I hope that it will also recognize the need to cast more diverse leading actors/actresses in the future as well. Hollywood, Wonder Woman was a phenomenal film. Let's continue to make even more amazing movies like this. Yes? 

P.S. Gal Gadot, you are my hero. ♥️

Today's look is inspired by Gal Gadot in the new Wonder Woman film. It was about 90 degrees today, so a strapless top was definitely in order. 

Want to learn how to get the look? Read more below!


Wonder Woman Makeup Tutorial:

Step 1: Wash your face. I hope this is explanatory, but you don't want to contaminate your makeup brushes with more acne causing bacteria than you have to!

Step 2: Moisturize! I love my Fresh Youth Preserve Lotus Face Cream. It's one of my favorite daily and travel moisturizers, mainly because it keeps my skin hydrated while keeping breakouts to a minimum.

Step 3: Apply foundation (Optional: Follow up with concealer). I usually don't wear any foundation in my day-to-day life, but I really wanted to try this hyped up Dermacol waterproof foundation that I had seen all over Facebook. I originally ordered it with the intention of wearing it to a wedding that I was in, but it never came in time. Pro tip: This product is only available online in my area, so I had to guess my shade. I got the shade 221, but that still was a little bit too light. I had to mix it with my tinted Urban Decay NAKED Skin Cream in the color "medium". A little bit goes a long way, so squeeze only a tiny (I'm talking like the size of a straw opening) amount onto your wrist and then apply it to your face with a beauty blender. It's a full-coverage foundation, so I didn't really have a need for concealer.

Step 4: Apply an eyelid primer all over your eyelids. I used the Smashbox Photo Finish eyelid primer in the color "medium".

Step 5: Set everything with a translucent powder. I used the Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Setting Powder in the color "sand".

Step 6: For my brows, I ran through the hairs a few times with the Glossier Boy Brow in the shade "black", before filling them in with the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil in the shade "ebony". Since Wonder Woman has pretty high arched brows, I made my eyebrows higher than usual.

Step 7: For my eyelids, I applied a white eyeshadow base onto my eyelids, making sure to be a little bit more generous beneath the arches of my brows.

Step 8: I used my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette ("Trick" all over the eyelids, "Nooner" on the outer corners of my eyelids, and "Mugshot" in the crease of my eyelids).

Step 9: I lined my upper eyelids with the Bobbi Brown black gel liner and finished things off with Benefit's 'They're Real!' mascara. (Optional: You can apply falsies if you'd like. I just used E.L.F Cosmetics lashes for that comic like look.)

Step 10: Contour! For that sun-kissed, warrior, Wonder Woman look, I contoured the temples of my face, below the apples of my cheeks, the sides of my nose, and my jawline with Benefit's Hoola Matte Bronzer. (Optional: You can also highlight the bridge of your nose and inner corners of your eyelids with a white eyeshadow too to make them pop.)

Step 11: I applied Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in the shade "Dazzled" to the apples of my cheeks.

Step 12: To wrap up the look, I applied the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade "Walkyrie" for a mauve, neutral lip.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and will try it out for yourself! Be sure to tag me in your posts on Twitter or Instagram via @Tran_gerine so that I can check it out! If you have any questions about any of the products that I used or need some makeup tips or tricks, let me know! If you haven't seen Wonder Woman yet, I would highly encourage you to go see it. It's definitely worth the hype!

Until next time,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment