Sunday, December 13, 2015

City Life.

Nothing beats the holiday blues quite like an adventure. With the craziness of fourth quarter and the holidays rapidly approaching, I was getting too overwhelmed. 

Luckily, I was able to escape to L.A. this weekend. I purposely left my phone at the bottom of my bag to allow myself to fully enjoy the sights and sounds of the city. With my SLR by my side, I was able to capture some great city shots without the distraction of email and social media notifications. Check out the gorgeous shade of red on this building that I came across over the weekend:


Overall, the highlight of my weekend was visiting the Art District in DTLA. The pedestrian traffic was relatively light, making it easier to enjoy the beauty of the city. I loved checking out the various murals, and stopping by a local boutique for some cool finds.


Moreover, the weather was gorgeous all weekend. I loved being able to roam the city freely without freezing to death. Definitely a perk of living in Southern California.

Floral Midi Dress: Zara; Brown Tote: Urban Outfitters

Black Hat: Target; Sunglasses: Komono

Shoes: Restricted Shoes

Let's talk about the amazing food in L.A.! I loved eating at Wurstküche. As a first timer, I came in with a clear mind and an empty stomach. When we arrived, everyone was extremely hospitable, and genuinely interested in making us feel comfortable and welcome. In addition, the beer and food was amazing. The Mango Jalepeño brat was phenomenal, and easily takes the top spot for best thing I ate this weekend.


But alas, who could forget about the French Fries? They were lightly salted and thickly cut. Furthermore, they were crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Hands down the best French Fries I've had in a while. Did I mention the fries also came with Chipotle Ketchup? Because it did, and it was AWESOME.


Well, it looks like that's a wrap from this weekend's festivities. If any of you have any suggestions of where I should venture to next, I'd love to hear all about it! Until next time, happy styling (and eating)! 

xo

Melissa







No comments:

Post a Comment