Sunday, March 5, 2017

March Madness

This month has just started, but it feels everything has been moving at 100 mph. This upcoming week is going to be handful with work, projects, and events. For once, I wish time would slow down. This week alone, we celebrated 3 birthdays in my family, which is nuts. I've never had so much cake and ice cream in my life...haha. I definitely do not want to see another cake for a while!

Lulu's French Doors Ivory and Blue Floral Print Wrap Maxi Dress

It's been two weeks since I had surgery on my back. Lately, I've been feeling a little bit more mobile. Gradually, it's becoming easier to sleep at night, which is a plus. What I miss the most is running. I love getting my heart pumping and running to music. It helps me to clear my mind, and it puts me in a better mood. For now, I've been doing a lot of walking, which is alright for the time being.

Due to my limited mobility, I've been wearing a lot of button up shirts, zip up dresses, and wrap dresses like this Lulus French Doors Maxi. I actually don't mind it, as it has made getting dressed a piece of cake. Lately, I've been really into blue and while tile design, which is why I was so drawn to this dress. It's a light, comfy, and doesn't wrinkle, which makes it that much more lovable. If you're looking for a spring or Easter dress, I would highly recommend this one. The price point isn't so bad either.


Good news! Yesterday, I got my sutures removed, and my doctor said that I've been making good progress. My surgical wound is healing nicely, and I've been granted to start working out (light exercises) again beginning next week. Only a few more weeks to go, and I should be back up to speed with everything. Next month will be pretty busy, so this is very good news in my book!


After my doctor's appointment, I celebrated the day with my sister and niece at our favorite place in L.A.,  The Original Los Angeles Flower Market. The spring flowers are beginning to roll in. We found lots of vibrant and happy blossoms and greenery, which we brought back to create a variety of floral arrangements for our homes. If there is one thing that I don't mind spending money on, it's flowers...and food. 


Speaking of food, I also finally got to eat at République this weekend, a modern French restaurant and bakery that I had been eyeing for a while. I really enjoyed their Almond Milk Caffe Latte and Kimchi Fried Rice. Their regular breakfast was quite delicious as well. 


The interior of the restaurant was simple, but beautiful. It was a fusion of both old world and contemporary architecture and decor. When I walked into the building, I could instantly feel the warmth of the space. The use of a neutral color palette as well as ample natural lighting made the space inviting and and intriguing. 

Interestingly enough, the building was originally built in 1928 by Charlie Chaplin and designed by architect Roy Sheldon Price. It's initial purpose was to be utilized as an office and mixed use space. Now as a restaurant and bakery, it provides a delightful meeting ground for foodies and food connoisseurs to gather for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Overall, I had a delightful weekend. With good news, beautiful flowers, and tasty eats, what's not to like? If you happen to be visiting L.A., I would highly recommend the Los Angeles Flower Market and République. Make sure you arrive early, as both locations are quite popular on the weekends. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me or twee me via @Tran_gerine. If you'd like to check out my day-to-day shenanigans, you are more than welcome to connect with me via Instagram @Tran_gerine.


Until next time,

Melissa





No comments:

Post a Comment