Sunday, August 14, 2016

Staycation.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually excited that summer is halfway over. Life has been crazy busy, and I'm in dire need of a vacation. This weekend, I decided to get out of town for a little staycation, and knock some stuff out of my travel wish list. If you know me, you know that I enjoy the arts and museums, and The Getty Museum has been on my list for a while. Admission is free and parking is only $15/vehicle.

When I arrived, I was throughly impressed by the beautiful and geometric inspired architecture. From the moment that I stepped off the tram, I was in such awe of the unique buildings and breathtaking hilltop views of the city. I couldn't think of a more perfect space to spend my Saturday!



The interior the museum was even more impressive. From the high-rise, skylit ceilings, to the winding staircases, I was in such a trance by all of the beauty around me. The early morning visit added another layer of tranquility and peace to the facility, which was an added bonus.


One of my favorite pieces of art was that of Pan and Syrinx by French painter, Jean-François de Troy. If you enjoy Greek mythology, you're going to enjoy this one! You can read about it here: Pan & Syrinx.


Of course, no trip to The Getty would be complete without exploring the outdoors. I mean how incredible are the walls of the building!

OOTD Details


While it was a very warm day in Los Angeles, I was able to keep cool in my lightweight and breathable ensemble from Urban Outfitters. Can you believe that the pants were only $20? It was definitely one of the best deals that I've come across this summer!


The wedges, in case you were wondering, are from a purchase that I made from Target a few years ago. While they were fun to wear at first, I quickly realized why I've always worn flats...we climbed 14 flights worth of stairs during our visit!


Outfit Details
Pants - Urban Outfitters (not available online)
Brown Tote - Urban Outfitters (not available online)

*Note*: I am not sponsored or endorsed by any of these brands to promote any of these products. These pieces were purchased with my own money.


The last leg of our journey was a pitstop at Alfred's Tea Room, followed by lunch at Taste of Melrose. I recommend the Rose Milk Tea if you decide to go to Alfred's Tea Room. Parking can get gnarly, so be patient and you'll find a spot. If you do happen to find a spot to park, you can easily grab an iced tea and then walk to Taste of Melrose within a few minutes. 


Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you'll get the opportunity to explore some of these places sometime! If you have any questions, or have any new places you think I'd like to check out, please feel free to leave a comment below, or tweet me via @Tran_gerine. If you'd like to follow my day-to-day shenanigans, feel free to catch me on Instagram via @Tran_gerine. Until next time, happy styling!

xo

Melissa










No comments:

Post a Comment