Sunday, May 1, 2016

Lighten Up Would Ya?

Happy May!

Today, I write from the comfort of my bed. I haven't been feeling well the last few days, and I don't think that this fluctuating Southern California weather is doing me any good. While I've been trying really hard to rest up and stay inside, I've found small opportunities to get out and enjoy the fresh air when my body is able to. Anybody else feeling under the weather lately?

Last week, I went to go get my hair done. It's been a while since I've done anything to my hair, and I thought that it was time for a change. Recognizing my fair share of hair disasters, I made sure to do my research to find a good salon that would take care of me. As someone who is always on the go, I wanted a color that would be natural looking and easy to maintain. 


That's when I met Tara. She was very nice and easily grasped my vision. I wanted to go up a few shades lighter, and enhance the dark brown hair that I had already had. With very minimal instruction, off she went, mixing her concoction and getting to work. While I half expected to get my whole head dyed brown, I was surprised, that she was only taking minimum pieces of hair. Was she giving me highlights? I tried not to think about the process too much and have a good time. 

By the time she was done, I was in total shock. My hair was everything I ever could have wanted and more. It was noticeably lighter, with some scattered cool blond highlights.


The first thing I asked Tara was how on earth I was going to take care of my hair. She reassured me that all I would need to do to maintain my hair was to make sure to wash my hair with sulfate-free shampoo. No gimmicks. No opportunity to sell me additional services. I was truly impressed. She did mention that I could tone my hair down the road if I wanted to, but she did not feel that it was necessary. Overall, I'm really happy with the results! So far, my hair has been very easy to take care of, and very manageable. 
Thanks for dropping by today. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below. You can also find me via social media at:
Instagram & Twitter: @Tran_gerine
Until next time, happy styling!

xo

Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment