Sunday, April 29, 2018

Year of YES.

If you know me, you know that I love podcasts and audiobooks. They help me to pass the time when I'm stuck in traffic to and from work. Recently, I finished the audiobook, Year of Yes, by Shonda Rhimes. My friend recommended it to me about a month ago, and it really opened my perspective of saying yes to things. If you haven't read it, go read it! In my opinion, the first 3/4 of the book were great, but then things started to get dry for me. Let me know what your thoughts are when you finish the book!

As an introvert, it's quite easy to for me say no to a lot of things. To be at home or by one's self to recharge is to be comfortable. In short, I learned from Shonda's book that it's good to say, "yes" to things that scare you. You never know what you'll learn about yourself unless you say yes. Yesterday, I had a really good conversation with someone about what it meant to say, "yes". The worst thing that could happen when you try something new is that you might hate it, learn from it, and move on. It's all part of life, and who knows. Maybe saying yes for once will turn into something amazing.

I've been been trying to be more of a yes person in my daily life. Yes to new experiences. Yes to pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. Yes to more artistic liberties. 


This week, I had the opportunity to be part of a bridal photoshoot for the launch of my friend's new business, Yesterday, I explored some more places in LA on my bucket list like grabbing brunch at Gracias Madre and visiting the Star Wars themed bar, Scum & Villainy Cantina. Between working full time, prepping for grad school, volunteering in my free time, and exploring the city, I guess you can say my hands are pretty full right now. I love making the most out of my time, and saying yes to new experiences lately has definitely made me a happier person. 

Here's to many more yeses to come.

Until next time,

Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment