Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Made With Love From Barcelona

We all have regrets. My one regret is not going to visit Barcelona when I visited Spain this past year. While I had seriously considered it at one point, my week long adventure was sadly not long enough to accommodate this beautiful, art forward city. Perhaps I'll try again in 2021?

Speaking of Barcelona, I came across this locally made, Vito Dress, by designer, Claire Pignot (Heihui), on Hello Holiday. It was definitely love at first sight. The dress is made from 100% cotton, off-white double gauze fabric from Japan, and has medium sized wooden buttons throughout the design. 


My favorite features of the dress are the bishop sleeves and the pockets. The loose sleeves and deep pockets give the dress both comfort and functionality. The only downside of the dress is that it is semi see-through, which means that you'll definitely want to wear some flesh toned undergarments and a slip underneath. I also recommend steaming the dress before you wear it, since I had some wrinkles at the bottom of my dress. For daily wear and travel, you could probably get away with the wrinkles since the texture of the dress sort of has a naturally slight wrinkled texture to it.


Since I've been on a huge minimalist kick lately, I really love this dress. It's a great piece for an early Sunday brunch or a stroll through the farmer's market.


If I could wear all of the clothes in Claire's collection, I absolutely would. I'm really digging the Vela Jumpsuit, the Edith Dress, and the Lucio Dress right now. What's your favorite design from Heinui or Hello Holiday

If you have any questions about this dress, please feel free to leave a comment below. If you would like to connect via Instagram or Twitter, you can find me @Tran_gerine. Talk to you all soon. Happy styling!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment