Saturday, February 25, 2017

Balance.

My temporary and limited physical mobility right now has made me realize a few things. First of all, I realized that the physical process of healing comes from self-love and having a positive attitude. Ever since I adopted this mantra, I have noticed a significant difference in the wound in my back. My stitches are healing a lot faster than I had expected, and the inflammation is gone. Secondly, I realized that self-care goes beyond working out and eating healthy. It is important to take care of one's mental health as well. Taking small walking breaks throughout the day are super important to destress and free one's mind of cluttered thoughts. Personally, I've been trying to reintroduce more short breaks into my schedule, as I've been a huge offender of sitting at my desk straight through the workday.

With that said, I've been slowly trying to integrate more personal time in-between work and studying to read (I just started The Circle), catch up with family and friends, teach myself some new technical skills, and check out new fashion.



In trying to make more time for myself, I've been slowly returning to my first love, fashion. I have to say, I am in love with this black English Factory dress from Hello Holiday. I dig the Stevie Nicks vibe and the luscious bell sleeves. The fabric is soft and flowy, and the silhouette is perfect. I had long been eyeing this dress for my birthday, and I finally made the decision to purchase it. Overall, I feel really good about this purchase, because it was not an impulse buy. I love it because it is a quality dress that I can re-wear again and again, which makes me very happy. 

The take away message from today is balance. Because we all need it. Regular self check-ins are important to make sure that you're happy, healthy, and well. Ask yourself what truly makes you happy and pursue it. Life is too short to keep heading down the narrow path. Here's to living a full and blissful life!

xo

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment